Southern Comfort Cabin Rentals and The Blue Ridge Lodging Association, in cooperation with the Fannin County Chamber of Commerce and the City of Blue Ridge, Georgia, is proud to present the First Annual Blue Ridge Blues and BBQ Festival on Saturday, September 10, 2011, 3:00 pm until 11:00 pm.
Join us for this one-day festival including Sweetwater Brewery crafted beers, BBQ and food vendors from all over the state as well as regional sponsors. The festival is open to the public and will feature outstanding and well-known Blues Bands to include:
- The Black Top Blues Band from Florida.
- Frankie’s Blues Mission from Atlanta
- The King Bees from Boone, N.C. “The King Bees have delighted audiences for years. Queen Bee’s vocals are expressive and strong: Baskerville’s guitar playing is right on, from cool slide to sizzling licks.” -BLUE SUEDE NEWS.
- The Rolling Bones Blues Band from Macon, GA. They are a high energy group with Sherry Paul as lead singer who looks and sounds like Janis Joplin!
- The South’s favorite Jazz and Blues Stylist, Miss Francine Reed. She will be hot off the Lyle Lovett tour and ready to show us her soulful style and the blues like you have never heard. Reed is one of Atlanta’s most treasured artists and continues to expand her fan base at venues around the world. She continually blesses audiences with her amazing vocals and vibrant personality; she is truly a musical experience that should not be missed.
With the addition of exciting children’s activities and a fun silent auction, this sensational food and music festival is expected to draw thousands of attendees from across Georgia (90 minutes from Atlanta), Florida, Tennessee, and North Carolina. Tickets are just $5 per person with children 12 and under free.
Plan a weekend getaway! Uniquely positioned in the heart of the North Georgia Mountains, Blue Ridge is convenient to numerous
outdoor activities and only 90 minutes from Atlanta, GA. Blue Ridge is recognized as an outdoor lover’s paradise with more adventure options than one day or one year could satisfy. September is a great time to bring the music and feast on BBQ from all around the South East…
Updated information will be available on the Blue Ridge Lodging Association website
www.BlueRidgeLodgingAssociation.com under the “Events” tab.